Want to swap rooms or leave halls?

Changing rooms

In Derby you can either speak directly with your Hall Manager or pop in to the Student Living Housing Centre to discuss your room change with one of our halls administrators. They will arrange your room change for you if it's possible. 

If you are a Buxton student, speak to your Hall Manager about changing rooms.

To change rooms, there's an administration fee of £25 that you'll need to pay before you move.  You will have to sign a new letting agreement to replace your existing one and we'll arrange a date for you to move.  When you've moved, we'll check your old room for damage.

If your fees in your new hall are less than you have been paying, we'll refund the difference into your bank account.

Leaving halls 

When we can release you from your contract:

When we can't release you from your contract:

You can always contact us

If you are unsure about the withdrawal process and the process of leaving halls, don’t forget you can talk to any of our staff. There is also a useful booket that outlines the process produced by the University's Student Support and Information Services and you should be able to pick one of those up at the Student Centre at Kedleston Road in Derby or the Dome in Buxton.