Register to vote

Registering is easy

Make sure you are registered to vote. Students can be included in the electoral roll in both their home and University area. 

If you are living halls of residence or in other accommodation, visit It's simple to do and takes just a few minutes. You'll need your National Insurance Number to register, so get it ready before you start. Find more general information about the electoral register here.

Derby students

To contact Derby City Council to check about your registration or voting at elections 

Buxton students

If you have any further queries ring +44 (0)345 1294851

Council tax

If you are a full-time student, you don't have to pay council tax, while you're living in halls of residence.