Looking to develop your products, processes and services?
Who is it for?
Businesses must be engaged in the general area of transport equipment manufacturing and/or associated supply chains and be based in the Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire Local Enterprise Partnership area (D2N2 LEP).
What is on offer?
The support includes:
- Fully-funded access to expertise and co-operation with university research centres and institutes
- Extensive academic expertise in advanced materials, surface engineering, engineering design, material selection, factory floor planning, virtual reality, thermofluids, energy management, computer simulation and optimisation
- State-of-the-art facilities for advanced manufacturing, composite manufacture, mechanical testing, metallographic studies, engine testing and computing
- Part-funding (grant) towards external costs of innovation projects
SMEs will find it easier to collaborate with research institutes and accelerate their development and implementation of new products, processes and services.
Support may include one or more of the following:
- Review of company research, innovation and development needs – a full company diagnostic to help you develop your innovation and growth plans
- Identifying and signposting to appropriate research institutes for research and innovation collaborations – to enable you to progress your plans
- Flexible project duration depending on the identified project suitable to achieve defined goals
- Fully funded access to support and facilities from University of Derby and Loughborough University - different levels of assistance are available depending on your company’s needs
- Part-funded collaboration with research institutes across the UK and further afield – via competitive call
- Part-funding towards external costs relating to company based innovation projects – via simplified application process
A copy of the brochure can be downloaded HERE.
This project is a partnership between the University of Derby and The iNet@ Loughborough University.
The project is part funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) to deliver free support for eligible SMEs who wish to improve existing products or develop new products, processes and services in the D2N2 area.
Find out more
To find out how our research can catalyse your business growth, please contact us on 01332 592527 or email Jo Cooper-Green.