Your wellbeing

We’re here to support you throughout your time at university, helping you with your health and wellbeing.

Looking after your wellbeing

Our Student Wellbeing Service has friendly and approachable advisers who can provide non-clinical advice and help co-ordinate the right support for you. 

If you have a long-term health condition, mental health condition, disability, or Specific Learning Difference (SpLD – such as dyslexia or ADHD), get in touch so that we can put together a Support Plan for you. Or, if you’re experiencing some personal issues, not feeling your best, or you’re not sure where to turn, we can provide support, advice and guidance through our specialist advisors and free counselling service, available throughout the year.

Find out more about our Student Wellbeing Service

We also offer support through the Chaplaincy at our Multi-Faith Centre. This is where we welcome different faiths and traditions and is open to everyone, whatever your background. Our Multi-Faith Centre is a space to pray or find somewhere quiet to sit, relax and socialise. Our team of Chaplains and Faith Consultants are also on hand to offer pastoral support and can advise on matters around faith and belief.

Find out more about our Chaplaincy

The Union of Students' Advice team provides a free, confidential advice and support service for all University of Derby students. This includes Buxton and Leek College students, access, University of Derby online learners, and students studying at partnership colleges around the world.

Find out more about the Union Advice Service

two students in Derby city centre

Top tips for improving your wellbeing

Whether you're having trouble sleeping, not able to focus properly or dealing with stress, we hope these top tips will remind you to look after yourself and tackle each problem gradually to find solutions.

Read our top tips for improving wellbeingRead our top tips for improving wellbeing

Supporting your studies

Studying at university can be a different experience to learning at school or college and this is why we offer a range of support to help you with your studies.

Each College has a dedicated College Student Centre where you can get advice, including help with enrolment, assignments, letters to prove your student status and student fees.

You’ll also be assigned a Personal Academic Tutor (PAT) when you begin your studies and they will help to support you, getting in touch regularly to discuss your progress and ensure you’re on track to achieve your goals.

 Learn more about Personal Academic Tutors

Students walking by the Multi-Faith Centre

Celebrating you

Our University celebrates diversity and recognises we are all different, with individual talents and needs.

Find out more about Equality, Diversity, Inclusion and Wellbeing at DerbyFind out more about Equality, Diversity, Inclusion and Wellbeing at Derby