TERMS, CONDITIONS AND REGULATIONS RELEVANT TO THE ISSUING OF KEDLESTON ROAD STUDENT PARKING PERMITS
The University has established criteria against which it may be possible to issue permits to certain students. The criteria used have been evaluated as the fairest method for issuing permits within the confines of need, space and resource.
The following criteria are in use currently, though they are subject to change in order that the University meets its objective (no hierarchical order):
- Students who are blue badge holders will be issued with a KR permit (upon production of the blue badge). The blue badge must be displayed alongside the permit at all times.
- Students studying on part-time programmes that begins before 4.30 pm. (NB: If you do not have any proof that you are a part-time student, you may be asked to obtain proof from your programme/course team).
- Students with caring responsibilities and distances to travel where public transport is not an option (15 miles from Term Time address)
- There is no guarantee of space being available. If all car parks are full, alternative parking should be sought.
- All permit holders are requested to drive with due care and consideration for other persons.
- The University provides a free shuttle bus which runs between all the Derby campuses (currently Kedleston Road, Markeaton Street and Britannia Mill)
- Any student can use the Kedleston Road parking facilities free of charge after 4.30pm Monday to Friday
- The Kedleston Road Car Park is pay and display at the weekends
- All permit applications will be reviewed by the Car Parking Team who reserve the right to withhold or revoke permits if deemed necessary
To be issued with a car parking permit, a valid insurance certificate showing you as a named driver must be produced.
LOSS OF PERMIT
A permit will only be re-issued if substantial proof can be provided that the original has been lost or stolen. (There may be a charge for this service). It is in the interest of permit holders, therefore, to take great care of the permit. If you intend trading or scrapping your vehicle, please ensure that you retrieve the permit.
PERMIT EXPIRY –
The permit is valid as indicated by the expiry date.
CHANGE OF DETAILS –
It is a student’s responsibility to inform the Car Park Administration team at email@example.com of any changes in details from that submitted on the application form, especially changes which would materially alter the nature of the application, or the eligibility to continue to hold a permit. To change car details, a current Insurance certificate must be provided for your new vehicle. You must return your old permit. A new permit will not be issued until these have been seen.
COST - There is no cost for the Kedleston Road permits, however PAY AND DISPLAY CHARGES APPLY and correct change may be required.
PERMIT OWNERSHIP - The permit is issued to the applicant only and is not transferable.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF PERMIT HOLDERS –
Only Blue Badge holders are permitted to park in marked disabled parking bays. Blue Badge holders can park for free if Blue Badge is displayed
Student parking is in the pay & display car park 1, (the first car park on the right hand side when entering the driveway).
Parking should only be within the lined spaces provided.
Where there are designated parking areas/spaces vehicles must be left accordingly, failure to do so may result in a penalty charge. No parking is allowed where the signing or lining indicates that it is prohibited (including spaces reserved for disabled and visitors).
All permits must be displayed on the windscreen at all times. Vehicles are checked throughout the day to ensure that permits are correctly displayed and valid.
Users of the car park must use the pay and display machines when parking on a weekday prior to 4:30pm
BREACHES IN REGULATIONS
Permit holders are warned that breaches of these terms, conditions and regulations may result in the revoking of the permit and disciplinary action in accordance with the University’s Regulations.
Warning notices of such action will be issued in less serious instances, however the University reserves the right to take immediate action in cases involving health and safety, fraudulent applications, or misuse of the permit and the car park.
The University has introduced a system of financial penalties for transgressions. Notices are posted around the campus.