Give yourself a head start in the competitive world of business with our practical and inspiring degrees.
We take the theories off the page and place you at the heart of the business action. You’ll work with Business employers on live projects and gain meaningful hands-on experience. You’ll be inspired by some of the region’s brightest business minds.
Our innovative portfolio of courses offers true flexibility and choice. In a city founded on enterprise, we draw on strong employer networks – from global corporates to SMEs and micro-businesses.
When you leave us, you’ll be business ready – with the skills, attitude, ambition and confidence to succeed in a graduate-level career.
“Helpful and approachable lecturers”
“One of the reasons I chose to study Business Management at the University of Derby was the combination of academic challenge and teaching quality. The practical focus of the course makes the prospect of studying a business degree highly appealing for those attracted to the competitive yet collaborative business environment."
“Another reason was the close proximity of companies such as Rolls-Royce and PWC, local companies that work with the university to get students work ready through internships, summer placements and part-time roles."
BA (Hons) Business Management and Human Resource Management Joint Honours
This is Business
- Business Studies at Derby was ranked Top 3 for overall satisfaction and No.1 for academic support in the UK, in the National Student Survey 2017
- Business Management at Derby was ranked in the Top 10 for overall satisfaction in the National Student Survey 2017
- Our teaching team have been nominated in the CMI Higher Education Awards 2018 for ‘Outstanding Innovation and Delivery’ and ‘International’ talent, dedication and innovation
- Work placements, real world case studies, consultancy projects, student competitions, conferences, enterprise networks and guest lectures – these opportunities will ignite your enthusiasm and help you become the business person you want to be
- Our unique Business Management degrees are all about flexibility – study a broad-based first year and then either continue on this pathway or choose to specialise in Marketing, HRM, Finance, Enterprise or International Business, while also earning a CMI Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management
- You’ll tackle business challenges with your fellow students and our teaching team who have a wealth of business experience
- Business students will have access to our brand-new Bloomberg Financial Markets Lab.
What our Business graduates do
Business is an area with lots of potential for ambitious graduates in the global business world.
Career opportunities open to graduates include:
- business management
- human resources
Find out if studying at Derby is right for you at one of our Open Days: