Give yourself a head start in the competitive world of business with our practical and inspiring degrees.
We take the theories off the page and place you at the heart of the business action. You’ll work with Business employers on live projects and gain meaningful hands-on experience. You’ll be inspired by some of the region’s brightest business minds.
Our innovative portfolio of courses offers true flexibility and choice. In a city founded on enterprise, we draw on strong employer networks – from global corporates to SMEs and micro-businesses.
When you leave us, you’ll be business ready – with the skills, attitude, ambition and confidence to succeed in a graduate-level career.
- Course search
- Visit us
- Order your prospectus
- What our students say
- Undergraduate study
- Postgraduate study
- Professional development and short courses
- Part-time study
- Online learning
- Study abroad
- Careers and employment
- Fees and finance
- Student life and support
- Contact us
“Helpful and approachable lecturers”
“The lecturers at the University were always very helpful and approachable. The course material was easily accessible through the University website and therefore anything that you felt you may not have understood in the lecture you could look over again.
“In my final year we were all assigned a personal tutor to support us with anything that may have been a concern. Having this support network in place was vital for me.”
This is Business
- Work placements, real world case studies, consultancy projects, student competitions, conferences, enterprise networks and guest lectures – these opportunities will ignite your enthusiasm and help you become the business person you want to be
- Our unique Business Management degrees are all about flexibility – study a broad-based first year and then either continue on this pathway or choose to specialise in Marketing, HRM, Finance, Enterprise or International Business, while also earning a CMI Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management
- You’ll tackle business challenges with your fellow students and our teaching team who have a wealth of business experience
- Business students will have access to our brand-new Bloomberg Financial Markets Lab.
What our Business graduates do
Business is an area with lots of potential for ambitious graduates in the global business world.
Career opportunities open to graduates include:
- business management
- human resources
Find out if studying at Derby is right for you at one of our Open Days: