Dependants (family members)

Can I bring family members with me to the UK?

As a Tier 4 student you can bring family members to the UK as long as you meet one of the following criteria:

Which family members can I bring with me?

Only the following family members can join you:

How do I apply for my Dependant’s visa?

Each Dependant will need to complete a separate online application. The visa costs for Dependants is the same as it costs for your main Tier 4 application.

Please see Applying for Tier 4 for more information on costs and the documents required.

Do I need to show Maintenance funds for my Dependants?

For each Dependant you will need to show that you have enough funds available to support their living costs in the UK. This is in addition to the funds you have to show for yourself.

For each Dependant you need to show that you have £680 for each month of your course up to a maximum of nine months (£6,120). So if you are government-sponsored studying a seven month long course then you will need £4,760 (£680 x 7 months) available for your Dependant. Please see Maintenance (funds) for information on the documents you need to provide.