Student transfer arrangements

We understand that life can change, meaning you may have to move away from your current place of study. As a University, we support efforts in the United Kingdom to facilitate student transfer between higher education providers where this proves necessary or desirable.  We have a number of arrangements to help, and further information, advice and guidance is available below. 

Midlands Credit Compass

The Midlands Credit Compass is an agreement with several other universities in the Midlands to ensure that students who need to leave their studies can return to education if they choose to do so. Whether you’re looking to transfer in or out of the University of Derby, we can offer guidance on how to transfer between the universities involved, advise on admissions contacts and answer your frequently asked questions.

Find out about the Midlands Credit Compass

Students interested in transferring to the University of Derby

We can consider applicants who have part completed degree courses at other institutions for a course at the University of Derby.

It may be possible to have learning you have gained elsewhere recognised to count towards study at the University – this can be formal certificated learning, or learning gained through the experience of working.

Further information, advice and guidance is available from our Admissions Office, by email to, or by phone 01332 591167

Our full Admissions and Recognition of Prior Learning policies can be found listed in our Academic regulations, policy and procedures.

View academic regulations, policy and procedures

For current University of Derby students interested in transferring to another higher education provider

All University of Derby students may be eligible for a certificate and a detailed record of study which they can use for the purposes of transferring to study elsewhere.

Further information, advice and guidance is available from our Registry – email, or phone 01332 593110.