Political Sciences Courses
Stand out from the crowd with a political science degree from the University of Derby. Our practical, real world approach will equip you with the skills you’ll need to understand and influence our political world.
With a strong emphasis on practice, you’ll have a wealth of opportunities to gain experience of grass roots, local, national and international politics through workbased learning and projects. You will explore current affairs, global development and learn how to build good relations between people, communities and countries. Expert teaching from experienced practitioners will prepare you for your career in international politics.
- Course search
- Visit us
- Order your prospectus
- What our students say
- Undergraduate study
- Postgraduate study
- Professional development and short courses
- Part-time study
- Online learning
- Study abroad
- Careers and employment
- Fees and finance
- Student life and support
- Contact us
“Real life experiences that set you apart”
“The International Relations course teaches us how the politics of the world’s nations work. We were all given the chance to go to the United Nations in Geneva and not just talk to but change the views of some influential people. This Political Sciences course does not cradle you - it gives you real life experiences that set you apart from everyone else.
“I would really recommend the University of Derby. It’s a place of great heritage with a friendly and diverse local community.”
This is Political Sciences
- Prepare for success in rewarding political careers working with international organisations, diplomatic communities, governments, civil service, national and transnational institutions
- Explore the political, social and economic issues facing countries around the world and develop a deep knowledge of international affairs
- We’ll bring your learning to life through internships and study visits to the United Nations Office in Geneva, the British Foreign Office and other international institutions
- Through a mix of teaching, assessment and trips you’ll gain skills in arbitration, conflict resolution and diplomatic practice and get involved in promoting good relations between people, communities and countries worldwide.
International Relations and Diplomacy students at the United Nations, Geneva
What our Political Sciences graduates do
Our political science degrees prepare you for success and give you the best start in your career.
Career opportunities open to graduates include:
- government embassies
- international institutions and agencies
- international development organisations
- public and voluntary bodies
- transnational corporations
Find out if studying at Derby is right for you at one of our Open Days: