For your project to qualify for Invest to Grow funding, you will need to demonstrate that it meets the following criteria:
- It will create new jobs in your company
- It will increase the scope or scale of your company activity
- It will improve the company’s performance
- It has not commenced and will not be achievable in the timescales proposed without Invest to Grow support
Read these key frequently asked questions about the Invest to Grow programme. For more information, please download our full list of Invest to Grow FAQs.
Who can apply?
Small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), large enterprises, sole traders and partnerships located in the East Midlands
What projects will Invest to Grow support?
Funding is available for projects that will create new jobs and where these jobs can be sustained for a minimum of three years (five years for large organisations). In particular, projects are welcomed that create higher-skilled jobs (ie require knowledge and skills at or above NVQ level 4).
The types of project that Invest to Grow may support include:
- Development or improvement of products and related services
- Expansion or upgrading of business premises, machinery and/or equipment
- Innovation in products, processes and systems that will result in business and supply chain efficiency, growth and profitability
The programme is aimed at growth sectors including:
- Manufacturing (eg transport equipment and food and drink)
- Life sciences
- Creative industries
- Low carbon
Invest to Grow does not support any companies which are business to consumer (B2C) focused, or in the professional services, agriculture and retail sectors.
What costs can I apply for?
- Purchase of land and buildings
- Refurbishment of land and buildings
- Plant and machinery costs
- Equipment costs
- Product development costs
All project costs must be exclusive of VAT.
How much can I apply for?
The minimum award size is £15,000, for which the minimum project cost must be £50,000. Maximum award size is £250,000 although higher awards can be considered for projects which offer exceptional value for money.
Grants and loans remain available. The majority of awards are a mix of grant and loan. Applications where the loan amount requested is higher than the grant amount will stand a greater chance of being successful.
Quotes from our partners:
“We have been very impressed with the Invest to Grow team - their clear guidance and expertise from day one has been second to none. Without them, we would have not been able to build the business to where it is now.”
Matt Francklow, Managing Director, Creation Reprographics
“Our turnover is set to increase by 35-40% by the end of 2017. The funding has enabled us to increase production, become more efficient, and ‘step up a level’.”
David Smith, Managing Director, The National Forest Spring Water Company
“Before our relocation, we were turning down 75% of enquiries, but since relocating we’ve doubled our income in January and tripled it in February. In just two months we can already see the value of the project. Without Invest to Grow the move would have happened but the investment into the property would have had to wait. So the impact of the move would not have come for a long time.”
Cheryl Potter, Quality Manager, Penta Pattern and Model Ltd