- Develop multi-disciplinary skills to undertake a management role in the engineering industry and combine your technical expertise with business skills to deal with complex technical and management issues.
- To support you in gaining a management position within the engineering sector.
- It provides an accessible programme for your continued professional development to either continue to a higher degree or assist with career progression.
- We maintain close links with local industries and professional bodies ensuring our teaching is both contemporary and relevant.
- Employable Graduates – we’re ranked 15th highest amongst all UK universities and 12th for English institutions with 96% of graduates in work or further study within six months of completing their degree: HESA 2016.
Employers are looking for students who can not only demonstrate a strong technical understanding of engineering, but also an understanding of operations and supply chain management, continuous improvement, project management and sustainable development in both the manufacturing and the service sectors. The programme seeks to strike an equitable balance between underpinning academic concepts, practical work, techniques and principles necessary for a successful career in engineering management. This course will focus on a wide range of subjects enabling engineering management graduates to enter a broad range of careers in many sectors.
Real world learning
The course is delivered through a combination of lectures, tutorial classes, case study discussions, work-related learning activities, research –based learning and computer lab sessions to give you hand-on experience of using software. Furthermore, you'll have the opportunity to explore and gain valuable field experience from a number of industrial visits and guest lectures.
How you are assessed
Assessment is by a mixture of coursework assignments, examinations and formal presentations.
UH3AD BEng Engineering Management Top Up
Typical entry requirements
You need to have an HND or Foundation degree in a relevant subject. In addition you are required to have 5 GCSEs grades A-C (or grade 4) including Maths and English
When you apply, please send us a transcript of the modules you have already studied so that we can make sure that the HND or Foundation degree is compatible with the top-up programme.
Our entry requirements for this course should be read together with the University's general entry requirements, which details subjects we accept, alternative qualifications and what we're looking for at Derby.
£9,250 per year
£1,155 per module
£12,500 per year
Further information about our fees and support you may be entitled to.
Upon completing this course, you'll be equipped with the appropriate skills that would enable you to practise as a manager in the engineering sector. You will have the opportunity to continue your study at University of Derby on the MSc Strategic Engineering Management.
If you need any more information from us, eg on courses, accommodation, applying, car parking, fees or funding, please contact us and we will do everything we can to help you.Contact us
† Additional information about your studies
Like most universities, we operate extended teaching hours at the University of Derby, so contact time with your lecturers and tutors could be anytime between 9am and 9pm. Your timetable will usually be available on the website 24 hours after enrolment on to your course.
Please note: Our courses are refreshed and updated on a regular basis. If you are thinking about transferring onto this course (into the second year for example), you should contact the programme leader for the relevant course information as modules may vary from those shown on this page.