Online payments terms and conditions
IMPORTANT: Please read these terms carefully before using the online payments facility. Using the online payments facility on this website indicates that you accept these terms. If you do not accept these terms, please do not proceed with the submission of your payment.
This online payment system is provided by The University of Derby (the “University”) and its third party suppliers. The University reserves the right to vary these Terms and Conditions from time to time. If this happens, we will notify you by posting new Terms and Conditions on the website. It is your responsibility to regularly review theses before each payment to ensure you are aware of any changes. If you do not wish to be governed by the revised Terms and Conditions you must not place any further payments.
To be able to use the online payments facility on the website, users need to hold a valid credit card/debit card (all major cards accepted).
1. All payments details which are entered through the payment gateway are encrypted when the user making payment enters them. Communications to and from the service provider are encrypted.
2. Your payment will take a minimum of 2 working days to reach the University’s bank account.
3. The University cannot accept liability for a payment not reaching the intended account due to you supplying inaccurate information.
4. Neither can the University accept liability if payment is refused or declined by the credit/debit card supplier (due to you quoting inaccurate information or incorrect personal information or for any other reasons).
5. If the credit/debit card supplier declines payment, the University is under no obligation to bring this fact to your attention. You should check with their bank/credit/debit card supplier that payment has been deducted from your account.
1. All text, images and other content on this payment site is copyright of the University or its licensors unless explicitly stated otherwise. In accessing this payment site, you agree that the payment site is made available for your personal,non-commercial use only. Unless you have the University’s prior written permission, you are not permitted to copy, make available to the public, download, store (in any medium), show in public, adapt or change in any way the material (or any part of it) contained on this payment site for any purpose whatsoever.
1. While the University tries to ensure that the information and content on this payment site is accurate at the time it was published on the site, it does not warrant that
this is the case. To the fullest extent permitted by law, the material on this website and its online payment facility is provided on an “as is” basis and the University makes no (and expressly disclaims all) representations, conditions or warranties of any kind, express or implied.
2. While the University will make reasonable endeavours to ensure that the online- payments system is available and usable at all times, it does not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to the system. The University reserves the right to suspend or withdraw access, without notice, to either the whole or part of the payment site, for any reason.
3. Any links within this payment site to third party websites are not checked by the University and the University bears no responsibility for the content of external sites. If you access external sites through this payment site, you do so at your own risk.
1. In no event will the University, its suppliers, or other third parties mentioned at this site be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, those resulting from lost profits, lost data or business interruption) arising out of the use, inability to use, or the results of use of this site, any websites linked to this site, or the materials or information contained at any or all such sites, whether based on warranty, contract, tort or any other legal theory and whether or not advised of the possibility of such damages kind of loss or damage that may result to you or a third party in connection with the use of this payment site in any way. Nothing will limit the University’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for fraud.
2. Every effort is made to ensure downloadable content is free from viruses. The University accepts no liability for damages resulting from virus infection.
6. Copyright, trade marks and other intellectual property
1. Unless stated otherwise, the copyright and other intellectual property rights in all text, images and other material on this payment site are owned by the University, or its licensors.
2. The trade marks and logos used and displayed on this website are registered and unregistered trade marks of the University, or those of others. You may not use these trade marks without our prior written consent, or that of the relevant owner
7. Data protection
1. As part of making your payment, the University will collect from you personal information about you such as your name, student ID, course details, address and payment details (including credit / debit card details).
2. By submitting these personal details to the University through the website you are providing your consent to the processing of that personal information about you by the University for the purposes set out in these Terms and Conditions. This includes the processing of your payment(s) to the University, dealing with any queries, concerns or issues you may raise, investigating any non-payment or fraudulent activity which may arise and otherwise as legally required or lawfully permitted under the Data Protection Act 1998.
3. After your payment(s) have been made, your personal information will then be retained and processed in accordance with the University’s Data Protection Policy and Retention Policy, available at Data Protection Statements
4. To enable the University to carry out the above processing activities, the University will share your personal information with our carefully selected third party service providers, who will collect the payment(s) from you and process your payment(s) on behalf of the University. [Some of our service providers may not be based in the UK, however reasonable steps are taken by the University to ensure any overseas transfers are secure.
The University reserves the right to take legal action against those users committing or attempting to commit online frauds.
Refunds will only be made subject to the terms and conditions laid out in the student’s contract with the University, a copy of which is available on request.
1. The University reserves the right to terminate the transaction in the case of the merchant payment gateway not being available. In this case the University would advise that no payment has been taken and the transaction should be carried out at a later date.
2. The University reserves the right to cancel the on-line payment service in the case of any strike, lockout, disorder, fire, explosion, accident or stoppage of services affecting the University’s business or work which is beyond its reasonable control.
3. Section headings have been included for convenience only and shall not be considered part of, or be used in interpreting, these terms.
5. No waiver by the University of any breach of these terms by you shall be considered as a waiver of any subsequent breach of the same or of any other provision.
6. If, at any time, any provision of these terms is or becomes invalid or illegal in any respect, such provision shall be deemed to be severed from the terms, but the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not be affected as a result.