Applicants with a disability

How to access support

If you have a disability or medical condition that may affect your study, please state this explicitly in your application.

If the Faculty wishes to make you an offer on academic grounds, it will liaise with the Student Wellbeing Service to ensure that the offer of a full assessment is made. The Student Wellbeing Service will ensure that every reasonable adjustment is made and that you are able to maximise your experience studying at the  University of Derby.

Eligibility for Disabled Students' Allowance

If a student is in receipt of Research Council funding and claiming funding (however small) for disability, they are unable to also access DSA from their Local Education Authority (LEA).

Should the student have no DSA type funding from their Research Council, they would be able to apply to their LEA for DSA. This would be a reduced allowance but could potentially fund their support.

Overseas and EU students are currently unable to access Disabled Students' Allowance (DSA).

Contact us

If you have any questions about applying or funding, please contact us:

T: +44 (0)1332 591060