Self-isolation guidance
and support

If you are coming from a country currently on the 'red list’, you can travel to the UK with a Student visa but you must isolate in the government approved hotels at your own cost, booked before you travel. If arriving from an 'amber list' country, you can complete your 10 days of self-isolation in University accommodation.

Self-isolation in University owned accommodation

If you are booked to live in University of Derby accommodation, you can stay in your room for the period of self-isolation and our accommodation team will support you with free food parcels, kitchen essentials and bedding packs to help you settle in. 

You will need to book an arrival slot for Student Living Halls if you have applied to live in halls. The halls team will send you an email asking you to confirm your arrival date and time on their booking system. We appreciate that it may be difficult for you to keep to the exact time of your booking due to travel arrangements, however we do need you to complete this section to confirm your arrival. Please provide the closest approximate time of your arrival and our halls team will welcome you into halls at the time you arrive with them.

Email a question to Student Living

Self-isolation in private accommodation

If you have arranged to live in private accommodation, you must self-isolate either at that address or at another previously arranged address. The University will not be able to provide self-isolation accommodation, free kitchen or bedding packs or food parcels for students who are not booked into University owned accommodation. You can still contact us if you require any advice and support.

International student Leigh Johnson, smiling.

Living in halls has been such an easy, welcoming experience. I've met so many people through halls events, helping me build a social life here in Derby. All your bills are included and you always feel safe knowing that staff are onsite to help if you need it.

Leigh Johnson, International student from Barbados
Third Year BA Technical Theatre

More advice

You may find the following additional resources useful: 

Stay at home guidance (

How to avoid spreading coronavirus to people you live with (