The programme curriculum and structure is designed to enable learners to undertake a level 7 Senior Leader apprenticeship that includes the opportunity to achieve an PG Diploma (non-mandatory) in Management (derived from the MBA Professional ). All apprentices will undertake the learning activities associated with the modules for the PG Diploma.
Prior to commencing the formal programme delivery, all apprenticeship learners will undertake an initial assessment (see admissions section), including a skills scan, this will highlight areas of experience and potential areas for development. The information from the skills scan will inform the Individual Learning Plan for each learner and contribute to the portfolio building.
An induction programme will be undertaken by all apprentices, which will include preparation for study at L7. This is of particular importance given that it is anticipated that some apprentices are likely to have been out of formal education for a time, given their employment status and position. Induction activities will also include the processes, procedures and structure of the apprenticeship standard.
What you will study
The below modules are all related to the apprenticeship course.
- Understanding HRM
- Information Systems for Sustaining Competitive Advantage
- Introduction to Business Research Methods and Data Analysis
- The Sustainable Global Business Environment
- Marketing in Organisations
- Governance and Risk
- Improving Supply Chain and Logistics Operations
- Strategic and Financial Performance Management
- Critical Perspectives in Strategic Leadership and Management
Apprentices will be awarded the PG Diploma after successful completion of the illustrated modules (total 120 Credits), there is a step off award if an apprentice decides not to complete the full programme:
- The employer must be content that the apprentice is working at or above the level of the occupational standard
- Achievement of English and Maths at level 2 or higher
- Development and sign off by the EPAO of the strategic business proposal title and scope
- Hold a portfolio to evidence achievement of KSB’s
To successfully complete the apprenticeship, apprentices must successfully complete the End Point Assessment (EPA). Prior to undertaking the EPA apprentices must pass through the EPA Gateway as specified in the apprenticeship standard.
From business owner to senior leader
Owen has always been motivated to improve and grow his own professional leadership development. When he came across the Senior Leader Degree Apprenticeship, he knew it had to grab the opportunity.Find out more about Owen's apprenticeship journey
Request more information about our apprenticeship programmes
Want to talk to a member of the team about our apprenticeship programmes? Make an enquiry and a member of our team will get in contact with to provide you with more information about our apprenticeships, and how our programmes can up-skill your workforce.Request more information about apprenticeships