Due to the Coronavirus pandemic and protecting the health and wellbeing of our staff, all our staff are working remotely at home. For a short period, we will be removing all our products off the online shop as we are unable to fulfil the orders.
We will be able to produce modules and results in the interim period, however, this will be from approximately 2009 onwards. Please contact us at email@example.com for these requests and any queries you may have.
We do apologise for any inconvenience and will endeavour to resume our services as quickly as possible.
You can order replacement documents and certificates here.
Digital copy of your award certificate for awards ratified by the University (post 2006)
A digitally certified, official copy of your University of Derby certificate using our current format. This is stored securely on an online portal and is yours to access, download, print, or email as you choose. You can share your document with potential employers, governments, education providers and other third parties as a way of quickly and easily verifying your award. For more information please visit Digitary Core.
Before ordering this item:
- This product is not available to current students and is only available if you have received the following awards: BA/BSc, BEd, BEng, Cert HE, Dip HE, Foundation Degree, HND, LLB, LLM, MA, MBA, MDES, MRES, MSc, PG Cert, PG Dip
- If your award was before 2006, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org PRIOR to placing an order
Order your Digital Certificate
Courier delivery of documents
You can order courier delivery (tracked and signed for) for any of the above documents (academic transcript, letter of confirmation and certificate) at an additional charge. If you are ordering more than one document in one order (for example if you've ordered a certificate and transcript) then you only need to pay one courier charge (provided the documents are being sent to the same address). You'll need a reference number to order a courier (this is just so we can be sure your documents are ready to go) which you can obtain by emailing email@example.com.
Services for employers/potential employers
All requests to verify information regarding current students, leavers and graduates are now processed through the Higher Education Degree Datacheck (HEDD). Please submit your requests to: www.hedd.ac.uk.
Once you have made your verification request via the Higher Education Degree Datacheck portal, we aim to respond within 5 working days.
If you are an Embassy or a Council, please email HEDD first at firstname.lastname@example.org and they will provide you with a free credit. You will then be able to use this credit to put into your request via the HEDD system.
Completing your studies in the current academic year
Once you have received confirmation of an award made to you by the relevant assessment board we will produce documentation to support the award. Usually, this is a certificate and a transcript.
Most students will receive a digital transcript, called a HEAR (Higher Education Achievement Report), within eight weeks of confirmation of the award. HEARs are issued for Masters, Undergraduate Degrees, Foundation Degrees, Advanced Diplomas and HND qualifications. Other awards will receive a hard copy academic transcript. If you are unsure how to access your HEAR please watch the online video.
If the level of award is eligible for invitation to our awards ceremonies then certificates will be retained for presentation at our ceremonies. Find out more on our graduation pages.
If you have a need to have your certificate issued early then please email email@example.com. You will be asked to provide evidence of your need. Circumstances considered include visa requirements, applications for further study, employment opportunities or any other circumstance where it is clearly stated that only the sight of an original certificate will suffice.
If you’ve any queries about documentation to support an award made to you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HEAR (Higher Education Achievement Report)
Graduates awarded a Masters, Undergraduate Degree, Foundation Degree, Advanced Diploma or HND will be issued with an electronic Higher Education Achievement Record (HEAR).
The document is delivered electronically and the system allows graduates to grant access to any relevant parties (eg potential employers or sponsors) to view this secure, authenticated document and confirm the qualification achieved, etc.
Access your Higher Education Achievement Record
If you have any queries regarding the HEAR, please contact email@example.com
What is the HEAR?
The HEAR replaces the Diploma Supplement which was previously supplied by the University and consisted of a statement of achievement (transcript of grades and classification), placement details, any study abroad, the programme learning outcomes, grading scheme etc. The HEAR includes this information and adds the student's extra-curricular engagements that go beyond the programme and grades detail, to provide an extended picture of the individual, which may aid employability.
The HEAR records engagement with activities outside the academic curriculum which contribute to the life of the University and the wider community.
Only data verified or monitored by the University or by the Students’ Union is published in the HEAR. Students may also have engaged in other activities outside the University which may have contributed to their personal and professional development but these will be recorded elsewhere, eg CV or e-portfolio.
What additional information is provided?
Section 6.1 of the HEAR includes:
- Professional and Institutional prizes
- Details of performance in non-academic contexts, (e.g. the Futures Award or Employer Mentoring Scheme)
- Other formal roles, (e.g. programme representatives, student ambassadors, student advisors, residential assistants, Student Union roles) for which no recognition is provided in terms of credit
What does the HEAR mean for you as students/ graduates?
- Any roles undertaken whilst on your programme will be verified and recorded. The HEAR is issued on graduation for you to access as an electronic, lifelong document. An email notification will be sent to your Unimail account with details of how to access the report
- You will be able to say whether you want specific activities recording or not
- You have control of who sees your documents with the potential to send quickly to multiple destinations
- You may share the document either with an open share or with a particular employer or any other party so that they can view this secure, authenticated document and confirm the award you have received
- Following a sharing of the document you can check who has viewed it
- You may print a copy of the HEAR but this will include details of where the secure document is held to prove authenticity
What does the HEAR mean for employers?
- Ease of authentication - information supplied on application forms or CVs can easily be verified through a simple registration system to view the secure HEAR document on our website
- A wide range of information will be available to you including the classification of degree obtained, the details of the programme studied, the grades achieved in particular modules, placement details, prizes and extra-curricular activities. The document may help you in shortlisting or providing information to explore at interview
- Waiting time for confirmation of award will be reduced