Using Course Resources (Blackboard)
Colleges require External Examiners to access modules within their designated programs. In order for this to happen, a number of management functions need to be carried out; including managing permissions, associating module content and being able to access the uploaded work.
Due to the nature of some programs, these procedures may not be relevant in all cases, but this information is intended to provide overarching guidance to those who are involved in the University's External Examiner activity.
Further tailored guidance can be obtained from college quality administrators.
Complete guide for External Examiners
Individual sections from the complete guide for External Examiners
- Adding New External Examiners to programs and modules
- Adding New or Removing Modules from existing External Examiners accounts
- Process for setting up External Examiners module folder
- Create folder
- Adaptive Release Basic
- Process for selecting and downloading a sample of assignments
- Process for uploading papers to the External Examiners module folder
- Instructions for External Examiners
- Managing how Course Resources emails are sent to External Examiners
- Accessing content in archived modules
- Access Privileges for Modules
- Document Communications Network
- Annex A - External Examiner Bulk Account Request Spreadsheet
Some external examiners may still be asked to access the TurnitiUK Submission point or the Course Resources submission point directly. The guides below provide advice on how to access these and view students submissions and feedback.
What's Happening ...
Programme Performance Checks
Staff development sessions to help programme teams prepare for the new Programme Performance Checks are available at the different campus sites as listed below.
These are drop in sessions and you are asked to bring your own laptop.
4 October (Kedleston Road B117 08:30-12.30 and B105 12:15-17:30)
6 October (Britannia Mill BMLG05 & Buxton Campus DO/121b 08:30-12:30 DO/116d 12:15-17:00)
10 October (Kedleston Road S104 08:30-17:30)
11 October (Britannia Mill BM114 08:30-12:30 BM120 12:15-17:30 & Buxton Campus room DO/111a 08:30-17:30)