International students

Visit the international pages to check what the equivalent qualifications are for you.

If you are an overseas applicant, any offer made will initially be a conditional offer, subject to you either paying a deposit of GBP £3,000, or providing a sponsor letter. Only in instances where you provide proof that a visa has not been granted will we refund the £3,000 deposit.

If you are offered a place you must also provide a copy of your ATAS certificate (if applicable) and indicate a firm start date for your studies. The deposit will be deducted from the Tuition Fees when you enrol. When we receive the deposit, ATAS certificate and notification of the start date from you, we will then issue a Confirmation of Acceptance to Study Numberwhich you can use to obtain a student visa.

For information about the Tier 4 General student visa, please visit the UK Border Agency website.

The Faculty must also be satisfied that the candidate has the necessary command of the English language to undertake a research investigation. Copies of English language qualifications should be included where appropriate; please note that for research programmes a minimum of IELTS 6.5 with a minimum of 5.5 in each element (reading, writing, speaking and listening) is expected (TOEFL is not acceptable). Please note that English language certificates are only valid for two years.

The International Student Centre can provide information and advice on a range of issues such as immigration procedures, health, welfare etc.