Position: Senior Lecturer in Law
College: College of Business, Law and Social Sciences
Department: Derby Law School
Subject area: Law:
I combine practice as a Consultant Solictor and delivery of legal training to the profession with my teaching responsibilities at the University. I am also the Course Leader of the Legal Practice and an LPC Tutor.
I am an External Examiner of the Legal Practice Course for BPP University.
I am the Immediate Past President of Derby & District Law Society and the Secretary of Education & Training and Employment Law Sub-Committees. I co-ordinate the hugely popular and successful Annual Skills Triathlon organised by the University of Derby and Derby & District Law Society.
- Employment Law - 3rd year option at levels 5 & 6 JH and LLB : Module Leader
- Employment Law in the Workplace : Module Leader
- Employment Law - HRM MA : Module Leader
- Advanced Legal Skills & Context - LLB : Tutor
- Employment Law, Civil Litigation & Commercial Litigation - Legal Practice Course: Tutor
- Legal Practice Course: Course Leader
Legal training and strategic operation of employment law in the workplace.
Strategic operation of employment law in the workplace.
- Solicitors Regulation Authority - Solicitor (qualified in 1997)
- Member of Derby & District Law Society - Immediate Past President
- Secretary of Education and Training & Employment Sub-Committees
- Employment Lawyers Association.
- LLB (Hons), Staffordshire University
- Diploma in Legal Practice, Nottingham Law School
Fellow of Higher Education Authority
I have practised as a Solicitor in Derby since 1997 working initially for Alexander & Co and from 2000 until 2011, for Robinsons Solicitors advising on employment, charity and commercial issues.
I work presently as a Consultant for Attenborough Law advising on employment and HR related matters. My expertise lies in identifying commercial solutions, negotiating and resolving disputes.
I develop and deliver legal training nationally for MBL Seminars to the legal profession and employers.