Mr Marc Bosward
Position: Lecturer BA (Hons) Visual Communication (Animation/Illustration/Graphic Design)
College: College of Arts, Humanities and Education
Department: Art and Design
Subject area: Animation
I teach into the Visual Communication BA (Hons) programmes in Graphic Design, Illustration and Animation within the Design area.
With a background in Graphic Design, Illustration and Animation, my principal area of interest is in using digital moving image and experimental short filmmaking to explore the synthesis of typography, image making, video, and sound. The focus of this cross disciplinary approach is applying visual communication to investigate topics of political, cultural and social significance.
- BA (Hons) Graphic Design, University of Derby
- MA Illustration and Animation, Kingston University
- 'Illustrated World's, Virtual Environments and Authorial Voice', aper delivered at the AOI Varoom Lab Symposium 'Spatialising Illustration', Swansea Metropolitan University, 24-25 January, 2013
- 'Manifest Destiny, Violence and Transcendence', paper and exhibition delivered at 'Extremity and Excess': An Interdisciplinary Postgraduate Conference held at the University of Salford, 8-9 September 2011.
- 'Constructing Reality, An Animated Renegotiation of Documentary Truth', paper delivered at Higher Education Academy conference: 'Animating Realities: Animation, Documentary and the Moving Image' held at Edinburgh University and Edinburgh College of Art, 23-24 June 2011