Position: Senior Lecturer
College: College of Health and Social Care
Department: Therapeutic Practice
Subject area: Occupational Therapy
I am a lecturer on the Occupational Therapy programmes at the University of Derby, within the College of Health and Social Care and the Department of Therapeutic Practice.
I am Stage Lead for the first year BSc students, a member of the Placements Team and also teach on various modules across the BSc, MSc pre-registration, and MSc Advanced Practitioner Occupational Therapy courses.
I am interested in practice placements and also in most aspects of occupational therapy practice in mental health settings.
I am helping the Cochrane EMBASE project by identifying reports of randomised controlled trials from EMBASE for publication in the Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trails (CENTRAL).
- A member of the British Association of Occupational Therapists/College of Occupational Therapists
- Registered with The Health and Care Professions Council
- A Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
- BA (Hons) Drama and Experience of Writing (1994) University of Derby
- BSc (Hons) Occupational Therapy (2000) University of Derby
- MA Research Methods (2011) University of Nottingham
- Post Graduate Certificate in Higher Education (2015) University of Derby
I am currently studying on the Doctor of Health and Social Care Practice programme.
I have been an Oxfam festivals steward supervisor since 2002.
My past experience is in the NHS working as an Occupational Therapist in the areas of older adult mental health, adult learning disabilities, substance misuse and adult mental health.