Dr Ihsan Caillau-Foster
Position: Senior Lecturer
College: College of Arts, Humanities and Education
Department: Education and Childhood
- Coordinating the Erasmus Programme for BA (Hons) Education Studies.
- Teaching within the College of Arts, Humanities and Education, the BA (Hons) in Education Studies.
- Supporting student learning at BA level including research and student supervision.
- Designing, planning, and reviewing resources and materials at undergraduate level.
- Assessing the work and progress of students against agreed criteria and providing constructive and developmental feedback.
- Identifying the learning needs of students and responding appropriately through one to one support and directing students to further support and guidance.
- Collaborating with colleagues in research activities.
- Psychology in Education
- Comparative Education
- Research Methods
- Independent studies
- Student recruitment and retention
- Workplacements (including teaching placements)
- Initial teacher training
- Teacher recruitment and retention
- Schools Facing Challenging Circumstances.
Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- Ph.D. Education
- Higher Education Academy Fellowship
- MA, Education Administration
- BA, Primary Education
- Teaching Diploma
Centre for Education and Inclusion Research (2012). Evaluating Course Handbooks. Sheffield Hallam University.
Centre for Education and Inclusion Research (2012). The Impact of Science Learning Centre Continuing Professional Development on Teachers' Retention and Careers. Science Learning Centres.
Centre for Education and Inclusion Research (2009). NQT Quality Improvement Study for the Training and Development Agency for Schools, Report on Part 2 Phase 1 - NQT Quality Improvement Study: The NQT Year.
Evans, A., Hawksley, F., Holland, M. R. And Caillau, I. (2008). "Improving Subject Knowledge and Subject Pedagogic Knowledge in Employment Based Secondary Initial Teacher Training in England." In: Annual Conference of the Association of Teacher Education in Europe, Brussels, 23-27 August 2008.
Holland, M. R., Chatterton, J., And Caillau, I. (2007). South Yorkshire E-Learning. Research Machines PLC. Funded by Objective One European Social Fund.
Simkins, T. J., Coldwell, M., Caillau, I., Finlayson, H. And Morgan, A. (2006). "Coaching as an In-School Leadership Development Strategy: Experiences from Leading from the Middle." Journal of In-Service Education, 32 (3), 321-340.
Johnson, S. et al. (2005). A Mapping out of Qualification and Training for the Children and Young People's Workforce. DCSF.
Caillau, A. (2005). A Survey of the Leadership Training Needs of African-Caribbean Lead Professionals. Nottingham, NCSL.
Finlayson, H.; Maxwell, B.; Caillau, I.; And Tomalin, J. (2005). E-learning in Further Education: The Impact on Student Intermediate and End-point Outcomes. Department for Education and Skills.
Holland, M. R., Chatterton, J., Finlayson, H. And Caillau, I. (2005). "Implementation of a Major E-learning Strategy in Secondary Schools in South Yorkshire." In: Annual Meeting of the European Educational Research Association, University College, Dublin, September 2005.
Simkins, T., Coldwell, M.; And Caillau, I. (2004). An Evaluation of Leading from the Middle Programme for Middle Leaders in Schools. NCSL.
Holland, M., Coldwell, M.; And Caillau, I. (2003). An Evaluation of Charter for Transition Programme in Barnsley. Funded by Objective One, European Social Fund.
Coldwell, M., Stephenson, K. And Caillau, I. (2003) Evaluation of Home School Agreements Research Report 455 Nottingham: DfES publications.
Coldron, J., Williams, J., Fathallah-Caillau, I.; And Stephenson, K.. (2003). What are the benefits to schools of involvement with initial teacher training? TDA.
Coldwell, M., Stephenson, K. And Caillau, I. (2003) "Findings from an Evaluation of Home-School Agreements." Paper presented at British Educational Research Association Annual Conference, Edinburgh.
Coldwell, M., Holland, M., Close, P., Caillau, I.; Haigh, A. (2003) Charter for Transition Final Report of a 3 Year School Improvement Project for Metropolitan Borough of Barnsley, funded by SRB3 2003
University of Sheffield (2002). A National Evaluation of On-Track. Home Office.
Fathallah, I. (2002). "Towards the Improvement of Practice Teaching in Lebanon: Educating Today's Teachers for the Twenty First Century." In: Sultana, R. (Ed). (2002). Teacher Education in the Mediterranean Region. New York, Peter Lang.
Research grants and consultancy work include the:
- Department of Education.
- Home Office.
- TDA PDS in Yorkshire and the Humber.
- Objective One European Social Fund.
- National College for School Leadership.
- School Improvement Project.