Dr Bill Whitehead
Position: Head of Department of Healthcare Practice (Nursing and Radiography)
College: College of Health and Social Care
Department: Health Care Practice
Subject area: Diagnostic Imaging, Post Registration Health Care, Pre Qualification Health Care
I am the head of department for Healthcare Practice. The department has more than 60 academic staff. There are over 1000 students studying with us. The programmes consist of undergraduate nursing, nursing associate, radiography, and assistant practitioner pre-qualification programmes. We deliver return to practice programmes for nursing and radiography. Courses also include post-registration programmes for health visiting, district nursing, school nursing, sonography, nurse teaching, advanced practitioner and non-medical prescribing. The academic range is from foundation degree to masters and several staff are doctoral supervisors for PhD and professional doctorates.
- Clinical nurse education, preceptorship, research philosophy, nursing ethics
- Clinical nurse education, preceptorship
- NMC RNA and teacher
- HEA Fellow
- National General Secretary of the Clinical Nurse Educator Network www.derby.ac.uk/CNEnet
- BA( Hons) History and Politics
- PhD in Adult Education
- An up to date list of conference presentations is available on my Google Scholar page.
I practised as a hospital based nurse and educator from 1987 to 2005.
- My PhD student is based in Ghana