Mr Luke Gibson
Position: Programme Leader FdSc Sport Performance & Analysis Lecturer in Sports Coaching & Development
College: College of Life & Natural Sciences
Department: Life Sciences
Subject area: Sport and Exercise
I am Programme Leader for the FdSc Sport Performance & Analysis programme and teach on the BA (Hons) Sport Coaching & Development and FdSc Sport Coaching programmes. Additionally, I am currently registered on a part time PhD by Traditional Route, investigating Managerial and Organisational Change in Professional Football. I also supervise a cohort of undergraduate Independent Study and postgraduate MRes students.
- Programme Leader for FdSc Sport Performance & Analysis
- Coaching & Skill Acquisition (Level 4)
- Applied Coaching & Training (Level 4)
- Vocational & Experiential Development (Level 4)
- Research & Academic Skills (Level 4)
- Populations in Sport, Health & Exercise (Level 5)
- Sport & Physical Activity Development (Level 5)
- Professional Development in Sport (Level 5)
- Independent Study Supervision (Level 6)
- MRes Supervision (Level 7)
- Coaching in Professional/Semi-Professional Football
- Talent Development.
- Managing Change in Professional Football
- Coach Learning & Development
- Talent Development
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
- BA (Hons) Coaching and Sport Development, Manchester Metropolitan University.
- MA Exercise and Sport, Manchester Metropolitan University.
- UEFA B Licence in Coaching Football
- FA Youth Module Three
- FA Futsal Level One
- Prozone Level One
- FA Basic First Aid For Sport Award
Gibson, L., Draper, N., & Groom, R. (2016) Understanding the behaviours and actions of others during organisational change in professional youth football. 5th International Conference for Qualitative Research in Sport and Exercise, University of Chichester, UK, 1st September 2016.
- Gibson, L., Groom, R., Nelson, L., & Potrac, P. (2011). Ambiguity, Manageability, and Orchestration: Implementing and Coping with Complex Organisational Change in Elite Soccer. Sports and Coaching: Pasts and Futures, Crewe, UK, 25th June 2011.
1st Team Manager at Abbey Hey FC in the North West Counties Football League Premier Division. Previously Youth Development Phase Coach at Bury Football Club working with the Under 15s/Under 16s.
- Youth Development Phase Coach - Bury FC (2014 - 2016)
- Foundation Phase Coach – Bury FC (2010 – 2014)
- 1st Team Manager - Abbey Hey FC (2013 – Present)
- Community Football Coach – Crewe Alexandra Football Club (2009 – 2010)
- Casual Coach – Isle of Man Sports Development Unit (2007 – 2009).