Ms Ellen Yates
Position: Lecturer in Early Childhood
College: College of Arts, Humanities and Education
Department: Education and Childhood
Subject area: Early Years
I am a senior lecturer teaching across all stages of the BA (Hons) Early Childhood Studies degree. I am also the stage 2 leader on the Degree.
Stage 1 modules- Play & Creativity; Stage 2 modules- Developing Practitioner, Children's Literature, Creativity in Children's Early Learning: Stage 3 modules - Creative opportunities & possibilities: Leadership
I have specfic interests in play, creativity and children's reading.
I completed research into Leadership in the Early Years with my colleague Helen Simmons in 2012 . I am currently undertaking research into practitioner creativity and confidence with colleague Emma Twigg.
- B.Ed (Hons) , Trent Polytechnic (1988)
- MA Adapt , University of Derby (2012)
Leadership in Early Childhood: Leader's views on their role - A Child's World ; Working Together for a Better Future Conference; Aberystwyth University, Wales. June 2012
I am a ceramic artist in my spare time and have had recent exhibitions at Derby Museum and Art Gallery; One Step Beyond (2011) Wirksworth Festival (2011) and Royal Derby Hospital; Evolve (2013)
- 5 years teaching experience (3-7 yrs) in inner London
- Soho Parish C of E School Reception, Soho class teacher/ Year 1 class teacher /Science Co-ordinator
- Churchill Gardens Primary School, Pimlico Class teacher Year 2? Science Co-ordinator
- 5 years teaching experience (3-5yrs) in Malaysia
- Alice Smith School,
- Garden International School
5 years teaching in international schools in Malaysia (see above)