Dr Daphne Athanasouli
Position: Senior Lecturer in Economics, Business
College: College of Business
Department: Derby Business School
Subject area: Economics
Senior Lecturer in Economics, Business
- 4EC506 Market Failure Analysis
- 4EC502 Contemporary Business
Applied Economics, Public Economics, Corruption, Firm Performance, Management Practices, E-government
- Associate Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- PhD in Economics
- MA in Comparative Business Economics.
- "Corruption in Ukraine in Comparative Perspective", in Beyond the Euromaidan; Comparative Perspectives for Advancing Reform in Ukraine (eds. Henry Hale and Robert Orttung), Stanford University Press (forthcoming)
- Athanasouli, D., & Goujard, A. (2015). Corruption and management practices Firm level evidence. Journal of Comparative Economics., Volume 43, Issue 4, pp 1014-1034
- Athanasouli, D., & Nikoloski Z., (2014). Moldova Gender Disparities in Endowments and Access to Economic Opportunities, with Zlatko Nikoloski, The World Bank, Report 76077
- Athanasouli, D., Goujard A. and P. Sklias (2012). Corruption and firm performance: Evidence from Greek firms. International Journal of Economic Sciences and Applied Research, Volume 5, Issue 2, pp 43-67
- "Corruption and Foreign Direct Investment, in Development – Leadership – Society” (ed.), Sideris Publications, Athens, 2011.
- Mar 14,15 UCL School of Slavonic and SSEES, Economics and Business Seminar Series
- June 13 Elliott School of International Affairs, George Washington University, Washington DC
- June 13 Tilburg Law and Economics Center, TILEC- Workshop on Economic Governance and Organizations
- May 11, 12, 13 International Conference for International Business, ICIB, Thessaloniki
- Apr 13 Annual Royal Economic Society Conference, London
- Jan 13 Royal Economic Society PhD Meeting, London
- Dec 12 Asian Meeting of the Econometric Society, New Delhi India
- Dec 12 6th Workshop on Political Economy, CESifo-TU Dresden
- May 12 Brunel QASS Conference on Macro and Financial Economics, London.
I have gained valuable consulting and research experience at the World Bank and the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development.