- Course search
- Visit us
- Order your prospectus
- What our students say
- Undergraduate study
- Postgraduate study
- Professional development and short courses
- Part-time study
- Online learning
- Study abroad
- Careers and employment
- Student fees and finance
- Student life and support
- Contact us
Early Childhood Studies (Joint Honours)
What is Joint Honours?
A Joint Honours degree gives you the opportunity to study two subjects as one degree. This type of degree will broaden your skill set and enhance your career prospects.
You can combine any two subjects as long as they’re in different zones, find out what you can combine this subject with.
Why choose this course?
Combine Early Childhood Studies with another subject – and build a versatile portfolio of skills and knowledge which will impress potential employers.
- Explore how children develop, learn and think through inspiring modules which will challenge your ideas about childhood
- Make the most of the exciting new career opportunities emerging for professionals working with children
- Develop transferable skills such as teamwork and research which will serve you well in any career
- Benefit from the expertise of a dedicated academic team who will ensure your learning is relevant and up to date
- Chart your future direction at a university with a strong track record for employability: 96% of Derby graduates were in work or further study within six months of completing a full-time degree.