1. There are three Prize Draws:
- Prize Draw 1 is for a £100 Amazon Voucher and 4 £50 Amazon Vouchers;
- Prize Draw 2 is for a £100 Netflix Gift Voucher and 4 £50 Netflix Gift Vouchers; and
- The Grand Prize Draw is for one 13-inch MacBook Pro 2.4GHz quad-core with 256GB storage
These Prize Draws are open to all UK residents aged 18 years or over, except employees of the Promoter, their families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the Prize Draw.
2. These Prize Draws are free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
3. To enter the Prize Draws, you must sign up to Derby on Demand. Provided you have signed up prior to the First Closing Date below you will be automatically entered once into all three Prize Draws, if you sign up after the First Closing Date but before the Second Closing Date you will be entered once in to Prize Draw 2 and the Grand Prize Draw only, if you sign up after the Second Closing Date but before the Final Closing Date, you will entered once in to the Grand Prize Draw only. Any entries received after the Final Closing Date will be invalid and not accepted in to any draw. Please note that if you are a Facebook user, please sign up to Derby on Demand using your exact Facebook name for entry validation purposes.
4. Once you have signed up to Derby on Demand you will then have a further opportunity to enter the Prize Draws by joining the closed Facebook group ‘Coming to Derby Uni 2021’ after which you will be entered into the relevant Prize Draws for a second time, how many Prize Draws you are entered in to for a second time depends on the date you join the Facebook group as set out above. Please note, if you join the Facebook page but do not join Derby on Demand, your entry may not be validated for entry in to the Prize Draws. Signing up to Derby on Demand is a condition of entry.
5. The opening date for all three Prize Draws is 08:00 on 9 November (the “Opening Date”). The closing dates are:
- a. Prize Draw 1 23:59 on 3 December 2020 (the “First Closing Date”);
- b. Prize Draw 2 23:59 on 7 January (the “Second Closing Date”); and
- c. The Grand Prize Draw 23:59 on 11 February 2021 (the “Final Closing Date”).
6. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully completed due to a technical fault, technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure of any kind.
7. Winners in each of the three Prize Draws will be drawn at random by computer process on the following dates:
- 4 December 2020 for winners of Prize Draw 1;
- 8 January 2021 for winners of Prize Draw 2; and
- 12 February 2021 for winners of the Grand Prize Draw.
8. On the 4 Dec 2020, the first name drawn will receive the £100 Amazon Gift Voucher and the 4 subsequent names drawn will receive a £50 Amazon Gift Voucher each. On the 8 Jan 2021, the first name drawn will receive a £100 Netflix Gift Voucher and the 4 subsequent names drawn will receive a £50 Netflix Gift Voucher each. On the 12 February 2021, one name will be drawn to receive a 13-inch MacBook pro 2.4GHz quad-core with 256GB storage.
9. The winners will be notified within three working days of the relevant draw dates via the email address that entrants provided to the Promoter on signing up in Derby on Demand, and via an announcement on the Facebook Group (using entrants Facebook or Derby on Demand details provided at entry). Within three days of receiving their winning notification, each winner must respond in order to provide the Promoter with a postal address to be able to claim their prize. If a winner does not respond to the Promoter within three days of being notified by the Promoter, then the winner's prize will be forfeited, and the Promoter will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
10. The prizes will be sent to the winners by post within 30 days of providing their address to the Promoter.
11. The prizes are non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
12. The Promoter reserves the right to replace any of the prizes with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the Promoter's control makes it necessary to do so.
13. The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the Prize Draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
14. The Promoter must either publish or make available information that indicates that a valid award took place. To comply with this obligation the Promoter will send the surname and county of major prize winners and, if applicable copies of their winning entries, to anyone who emails email@example.com or writes to Student Recruitment and Marketing Department, University of Derby, Kedleston Road, Derby, DE22 1GB (enclosing a self-addressed envelope) within one month after the closing date stated in condition.
15. If you object to any or all of your surname, county and winning entry being published or made available, please contact the Promoter by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. In such circumstances, the Promoter must still provide the information and winning entry to the Advertising Standards Authority on request.
16. Entrants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
17. The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
18. Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
19. The following terms are the terms and conditions of Facebook and the Promoter has no ability to change or remove these terms. These Facebook terms will apply to you if you enter any of the Prize Draws via Facebook:
- 19.1 You agree to release Facebook from any and all liability or obligations to you in relation to this Prize Draw;
- 19.2 You acknowledge that the Prize Draw is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook;
- 19.3 You will comply with the Facebook community standards at all times. For further details about this please refer to the Facebook Community Standards webpage
- 19.4 You acknowledge that the Promoter is required to report any breach of the Community Rules to Facebook and as a result of this you could be blocked from accessing your account or removed from Facebook and in extreme cases reported to the police or other relevant authorities
20. Privacy notice: The information that you supply on Derby on Demand and the Promotors Facebook page will be held and processed in line with the Data Protection Act 2018 and GDPR. Information will be used by the Promoter (as Data Controller) to identify all entrants to these Prize Draws. The winners' names for each Prize Draw will be published within the Prize Draw Facebook Group (even if a winner did not enter via Facebook). We will contact the winners via email to obtain their full name and address in order to deliver the prize. The Promoter retains entrant details for a period of one month after the Grand Draw Closing Date, after which it will be securely destroyed. The lawful basis for processing your details is your consent. By entering this competition, you give explicit consent for your details to be used as stipulated above. As a data subject, you can request withdrawal of consent at any time by contacting email@example.com. By withdrawing consent entrants will be removed from the Prize Draws. See also condition 13 and 14 with regard to the announcement of winners.
21. The Prize Draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the Prize Draw submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
22. The Promoter of this Prize Draw is University of Derby, Kedleston Road, Derby, DE22 1GB.