In this section
STEAM Scholarship Terms & Conditions
- The Scholarship is to a fixed value of £1,000, paid to full-time students who qualify and enrol, in their first year of study. The Scholarship is not available to students who study part-time.
- Applicants must have completed their School or College studies in the same year as they apply to the University.
- Applicants do not need to apply through a separate process for the Scholarship but will be identified in the course of our standard admissions procedures.
- To assist this process, applicants will need to identify their last School/College on their UCAS application form, to ensure they have arrived at the University from one of the qualifying institutions, within the agreed timeframe (see point 2).
- Applicants need to apply before the UCAS deadline on 15 January 2018 and to have accepted their offer as ‘FIRM’ at the University of Derby by 2 May 2018, meet all of the conditions of the offer and to have confirmed their enrolment with the University of Derby by the end of September 2018.
- The Scholarship will be paid to eligible students who enrol at the University of Derby, in three instalments, paid over the course of their first year of study. The precise dates of payment will be advertised to students on enrolment.
- Payment will be made using the bank or building society details held by the Student Loans Company.
- This Scholarship can be gained in combination with the University Bursary.
- This Scholarship cannot be gained in addition to the Derbyshire Bursary or Buxton & Leek College Bursary.
- Enrolled students who switch courses during the first year of their study will still be able to receive this Scholarship provided at least 50% of their study remains within the specified STEAM subject areas.
- Students who take an Authorised Break From Study (ABS) will be eligible to receive any unpaid instalments when they recommence study on an eligible course at the equivalent level.
- The Terms and Conditions set out here are an accurate account at the time of publication. However, the University of Derby reserves the right to modify, update or extend these conditions at any time. Applicants who believe they are eligible for this Scholarship at the time of their application should check the website at their time of application to ensure these conditions remain in place. Students who believe they fall outside of these Terms & Conditions, but in their view, remain eligible for this Scholarship, will be assessed by the University of Derby on an individual, case-by-case basis at the time of their enrolment in the year of application.