- Course search
- Visit us
- Order your prospectus
- What our students say
- Undergraduate study
- Postgraduate study
- Professional development and short courses
- Part-time study
- Online learning
- Study abroad
- Careers and employment
- Student fees and finance
- Student life and support
- Contact us
We appreciate that a University degree is a significant investment and therefore commit to being open and transparent as to what is included within your course fee. At the University of Derby we include as much as we possibly can in the fee:
- All mandatory study trips.
- Initial DBS checks for all relevant courses.
- Certain courses include within the fee additional ‘extras’ relevant to that course. Examples may include uniforms, specialist kit / equipment, books, and print credits. For more information on this please speak to the course programme leader.
- There will inevitably be additional costs you incur wherever you choose to study, in order to maximise your learning experience. These will vary by course but might include, for example, non-mandatory study trips, additional kit / equipment and travel expenses for work placements. The course leader (listed on the relevant course information page) will be able to provide more information as required.
- All our courses benefit from access to core textbooks through our library, a modern learning environment, and academics recognised as being in the Top 20 nationally for teaching quality by the the Times and Sunday Time Good University Guide 2017.
You can find out more about fees relevant to you on the following pages:
- Fees for undergraduate UK/EU students at the University of Derby
- Fees for undergraduate international students at the University of Derby
- Fees for part-time students at the University of Derby
Our tuition fees cover the cost of delivering your course and are payable annually. For some courses there may be additional costs incurred during your studies.
Got a question?
Student Records and Fees Unit team
T: 01332 591063
We're available to answer your questions Monday to Thursday 9.00am-5.00pm, Friday 9.00am-4.30pm.
Student Money Advice and Rights Team
Our friendly Student Money Advice & Rights Team (SMART) are on hand to offer more advice.
Helpline: 01332 592000 (Monday to Friday, 10am-11am and 1pm-2pm)
We're available to answer your questions Monday to Friday, 10am-11am and 1pm-2pm.