Applying through UCAS
Undergraduate degrees, HNDs or foundation degrees
UCAS is the Universities and Colleges Admission Service - www.ucas.ac.uk
You can apply online directly to us for all other courses, or if you want to start in January.
- When filling in your UCAS form, make sure you use the code for this University and your chosen course code.
- Our code name is DERBY, our institution code is D39
- You'll find your course code in the prospectus, by searching for the course you're interested in or in the course search on the UCAS website.
- If you're studying at our Derby Campus, leave the campus code blank, and if you're studying at Buxton Campus insert U.
- If you're studying at one of our partner institutions use the appropriate campus code shown in the drop down menu.
When do I need to apply?
For applications through UCAS, they must receive your application between 1 September and 15 January - so at least eight months before you're planning to start the course.
We may be able to accept late applications, but there is no guarantee of this, and preference will be given to those who've applied on time.
What are UCAS points?
The UCAS tariff is a points system that's used to score your achievements that could count towards meeting higher education entry requirements.
There's a full list of the qualifications you might have, or be working towards, and what they're worth on the UCAS website.
What qualifications do I need to get a place?
Each course has its own entry requirements - it's a certain number of UCAS points.
Search for the course you're interested in to check the number of UCAS points you'll need.
What if I don't meet any of these entry requirements?
If you have few or no formal qualifications, you may need to take an Access course first.
What happens on results day?
Many people will be taking exams, like A levels or BTECs, and the results from these will affect whether they get into Derby.
If this applies to you and you get the results you need, then great.
If you don't quite hit the mark, don't worry - contact us and we'll tell you if we can still offer you a place.