- Course search
- Visit us
- Order your prospectus
- What our students say
- Undergraduate study
- Postgraduate study
- Professional development and short courses
- Part-time study
- Online learning
- Study abroad
- Careers and employment
- Student fees and finance
- Student life and support
- Contact us
Professional development and short courses at the University of Derby
Professional development that works for you
If you're interested in continuous professional development (CPD) to boost your career our professional and online short courses offer a variety of different avenues to allow you to build your employability from day one. Our portfolio of part-time and short courses for Continuing Professional Development cover a wide range of industries from health and social care (including LBR) to education to business.
Discover our online short courses
Through our specialist online learning department, the University of Derby Online Learning, we offer a range of online courses for CPD and professional development, which can be studied 100% online, in your own time. Ideally suited for busy working professional, online learning gives you the freedom to study when and where you choose. Currently we offer the following courses, with more coming soon:
- Adult Education: How to Teach Online
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health
- Diabetes Type II: Supporting Self-Management
- Finance for Non-Financial Managers
- IFRS 16 Leases
- Introduction to Innovative 21st Century Teaching
- Leading for Results and Change
- Radiographic Image Analysis of the Appendicular Skeleton
- Social Pedagogy: Providing Children and Young People with Nurturing Care and Education
- Training and Development in the Hospitality Industry Online
- The GDPR: Managing New Data Protection Corporate Liability
- Understanding Maths Anxiety
Health and Social Care professionals can also gain CPD through our standalone online 20 credit health and social modules which are designed to help you to improve the quality of your care.
In addition to this in 2017 we will be creating a collection of online short courses providing you with a variety of options to help progress your career.
We also develop bespoke work based learning solutions for businesses and organisations, devising cost effective programmes to address specific gaps in the skills, knowledge and capability of their workforces. For more information, contact us on 0800 001 5500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Courses approved by professionals
Many of our courses are accredited by professional bodies, so you can be sure you're learning the knowledge and practical skills that employers are looking for, and you'll have a recognised qualification when you finish.