Tell us what you are doing after your course
Each year we contact our recent graduates to find out what they’re doing after completing their studies at the University of Derby.
We use a survey called the Destination of Leavers from Higher Education (DLHE) survey, which is a national survey that all higher education institutions in the UK are required to conduct. The survey looks at how many of our graduates are in employment, continuing study or both six months after leaving university.
Complete the survey
- If you completed your course between 1st January 2017 and 31st August 2017 then the online survey will open on 15th November 2017
- Simply login to UDo Student Centre, select the 'Enrolment/Student Centre' tile and then click 'Enter DLHE Survey' to complete the survey online.
How we conduct the survey
If you are eligible to take part in the survey we will contact you by email in the first instance. If we don’t hear from you we will try to contact you again by phone. If we can’t get in touch with you at all, we may try to get information about what you are doing from someone else, either at the University or someone we can reach using the contact information you have previously provided, such as a family member. You can opt out of the survey at any time – just let us know when we contact you that you do not wish to take part, and we won’t contact you again.
What happens to your information
Data collected from leavers enables us to create a snap-shot of our graduate destinations. We use the data internally to help us develop the support and guidance provided to current and prospective students in relation to careers and employability.
Data collected in the DLHE survey is sent to the Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA), who have overall responsibility for all data collection within higher education as determined by government. This data will be linked to other information held about you as a student, including similar information you gave when you enrolled, and details of the qualification you gained. Your HESA record will not be used in any way that affects you personally. The uses that HESA makes of your data are described in detail on the HESA website. Please take the time to read this information before you complete the survey.
Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you have rights of access to the data HESA holds about you. Find out more here.
DLHE 2015 - 16 Destination Outcomes
Of all UK-based, full time, first degree graduates who left the University of Derby in 2015/16:
- 96.3% of graduates were in work or further study within 6 months, putting Derby in the top 30 UK higher education institutions for employability
- 74.1% were in a graduate level destination, meaning either a managerial or professional level job or further study at a higher education or professional level. This was a 10% increase on the previous year.
- 14.1% continued into full time further study
If you have any questions or queries regarding the DLHE survey please don't hesitate to contact the Careers Team at firstname.lastname@example.org