Apprenticeships at the University of Derby
An apprenticeship is a way of learning while you are in employment; allowing you to build up the theory needed to gain your qualification along with the skills required to do the job.
Here at the University of Derby we offer apprenticeships from levels 2- 6. While we currently do not offer any level 7 apprenticeships we are interested in developing these with employers. So whether you’re looking for the next step after completing your GCSEs or would like an alternative route to achieving your degree – you can do it all at Derby.
The benefits of choosing an apprenticeship:
- Earn a salary
- Receive training
- Gain qualifications
- Learn job-specific skills
- Build your professional network
Intermediate Apprenticeship (level 2)
Advanced Apprenticeship (level 3)
Higher Apprenticeships (level 4 & 5)
Higher Apprenticeships are employer-led programmes focused on developing the skills particular sectors require. A Higher apprenticeship is a work-based course which includes the award of a foundation degree or equivalent level qualification. At the University of Derby we currently offer an Assistant Practitioner Higher Apprenticeship. Find out more.
Degree Apprenticeship (level 6)
Our degree apprenticeships bring together the best of higher and vocational education and provide the equivalent of a full bachelors degree.
We work with excellent local and national employers and professional bodies, including Rolls-Royce and the NHS, to deliver a qualification that provides you with both the hands-on and academic learnings you need to be successful in your chosen profession.
You will be employed throughout your apprenticeship, spending part of your time with your employer and part of your time at university. All tuition fees are covered by your employer.
The following degree apprenticeships will be available at the University of Derby from September 2017:
- Aerospace Engineer: BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering (Aerospace)
- Degree Apprenticeship Civil Engineering Site Management: BSc (Hons) Civil Engineering Site Manager
- Degree Apprenticeship Civil Engineering Design: BEng (Hons) Civil and Infrastructure Engineering*
- Degree Apprenticeship: BSc (Hons) Digital and Technology Solutions (Cyber Security Analyst) – Integrated Degree
- Chartered Manager Degree Apprenticeship: BA (Hons) Leadership & Business Management
- Nursing Degree Apprenticeship: BSc (Hons) Nursing*
*subject to approval
To find out more or register your interest please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you an employer looking to work with us to deliver our Apprenticeships? Find out more.