Dr Simon Dupernex
Position: Senior Lecturer
College: College of Business, Law and Social Sciences
Department: Derby Business School
Subject area: Marketing and Operations
I am a senior lecturer in Operations and Strategy.
My teaching interests are in business improvement, modelling, and postgraduate research methods and my research interests are also in business improvement and modelling.
I am also the editor of the Critical Perspectives on Business Management Journal, and reviewer for a number of international journals.
Over the past year I have delivered modules in the following subject areas:
- Operations Management
- Business Improvement
- Project Planning
- Quantitative Methods
I am the module leader for Postgraduate Independent Studies (dissertation).
- Operations management.
Areas of interest include:
- Operations management.
- Fellow of the Higher Education Acacdemy
- MSc Advanced Manufacturing Technology
- The chapter on Reserach Ethics for the Alternative Market Research Methods book (in publication)
- Moon, R., Curtis, V., Dupernex S., 2012, How Enterprise Education in H.E. can promote Deep Learning to Promote Student Employability, 35th ISBE Conference, Dublin November 2012
- Powell, R., Dupernex S., 2013, A Growth Strategy for XYZ Computer Systems within the Substance Misuse Software Market,Critical Perspectives on Business Management Volume 1 Issue 1, University of Derby
- Dupernex, S., Curtis, V., Moon, R., 2013, How Can Students Benefit from a Deep Learning Approach to Enterprise Education?, Critical Perspectives on Business Management Volume 1 Issue 1, University of Derby
- Modjtahedi, A., Longbottom, D., Dupernex S., 2014, What Impact do Emotional Scaling Methods have on Services Re-design and Improvement? Critical Perspectives on Business Management Issue 2, University of Derby
- Smith, S., Dupernex, S., 2015, The Development of a Best Practice Internal Coaching Framework, Critical Perspectives on Business Management Issue 4, University of Derby
- Smith, S., Dupernex, S., 2016, Time to Spring Clean with Internal Coaching, People Management (submitted for publication)
- Creative Business Catalyst Programme - Autumn 2008 to July 2009
- The University’s role as a corporate citizen engaged with its community(ies) – 22nd March 2013 - Research and Community Engagement Seminar “Community engagement and research dissemination: The voice of scholars and students” Gaborone, Botswana
- Faithful - office automation
- Phillips - BPR
- Jaguar Cars - BPR / ERP
- HSBC - BPR
- IBM Consulting - ERP / Modelling
- Polly Peck - MIS Manager
- Laura Ashley - Systems Manager