Dr Paul Ricketts
Position: Associate Lecturer
College: College of Health and Social Care
Department: Therapeutic Practice
Subject area: Therapeutic Practice
I am an Associate Lecturer teaching on the MA in Dance Movement Psychotherapy programme and three modules on the Creative Expressive Therapies programme.
- DMP and partnered dance
- DMP and Gestalt Psychotherapy
- DMP and DSP.
- Registered Member of the Association for Dance Movement Psychotherapy UK (ADMP-UK)
- Private Practice Register of ADMP-UK
- Registered Member of BACP
- Triple Fellow of IDTA
- Friend Member of GPTI
- Member of AHP-GB
- Fellow of HEA.
- PhD, Dance and Cultural Studies, 2012
- MA Media and Culture, 1998
- BA Hons Communication Studies, 1996
- Diploma in Humanistic Counselling, BACP Accredited, 2003
- Four Year Training in Gestalt Psychotherapy, 2008-12
- Two Year Training in Developmental and Somatic Psychotherapy, 2009-11
- CPD in Relational Living Body Psychotherapy, 2014-15.
- GPTI, One Day Conference, October 2015
- Finland, Teaching and Learning Workshop on Creativity, June 2015.
Travelling, dance, photography.
- Private practice as a counsellor since 2003
- Counsellor in the NHS, 2003-2010
- Psychotherapeutic Counsellor in the NHS, 2010-14
- Private Practice as psychotherapeutic counsellor, 2010-present
- Registered DMP since 2005
- Private Practice DMP since 2014.
Finland (as above).