Mrs Kathleen Headley
Position: Senior Lecturer Teacher Education
College: College of Arts, Humanities and Education
Department: Education and Childhood
Subject area: Education Studies
I teach on campus at the University of Derby and also at a school. The academic level I teach is undergraduate level and masters level.
MA Excellence Award Winner 2013.
Module leader in the BA(Hons) Education degree
Programme Co-ordinator with collaborative partnership for the BA(Hons) Education top up degree
My professional interest has a focus on:
- Education theories, which can be usd to maximise potential
- Reflective practice, QUAD model, ie
- Questioning what we do
- Understanding there are different ways of doing things
- Appraising what we do, is it working or not?
- Developing (as opposed to being static)
Improving BME student experience
- Reflective practice as a means of developing professional bodies
- Collaborative learning, to promote learner engagement
- Online learning being used to support the learning process
- Institute for Learning
- Higher Education Teaching Fellow
- BA (Hons) Education - Nottingham Trent University
- MA Education - University of Derby
- Scales, P. Pickering, J. Senior, L. Headley, K. Garner, P. Boulton, H. (2011) Continuous Professional Development in the Lifelong Learning Sector. London. Open University Press
- Davey, A. Headley, K. Wilson, H. (2015) Improving BME Student Experience. Scotland. The Higher Education Academy.
- Innovation Learning using Technology, London
- Neuro Science
- Special Educational Needs
- Assessment methodologies: using new techniques, including technology
- The brain function: latest update on how the brain works
- Presented at a Student Attainment and Experience conference (22 June 2015)
Working in different educational settings to get a broad view of Lifelong Learning.
Coast to coast walking.
- External Examiner experience
- Manager in Further Education
- Programme Leader: Initial Teacher Training
- Working with a diverse range of educational institutions
- University of Derby - BME Attainment, 2013 current research
Current being published in a journal (Higher Education Academy)
Working at the Paris Air Show