Dr Julia Ibbotson
Position: Senior Lecturer in Postgraduate Studies
College: College of Arts, Humanities and Education
Department: Postgraduate and Initial Teacher Training
Research Centre: Centre for Educational Research and Innovation
Senior Lecturer in Postgraduate Studies
I supervise doctoral students in PhD and EdD programmes as Director of Studies
Educational research, linguistics, gender, management and leadership, research methodology
Education, linguistics, management, research methodologies
International Society for Teacher Education, Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy
BA (Hons); Diploma in Education; MA Education; PhD; FHEA
- tibotson, J. (2008) Turning the Corner: towards a model of sustainable Masters level PPD for school improvement IN Journal of In-Service Education vol 34 (2)
- Ibbotson, J., Morgan, S., Davies, D. (2009) Illuminating the professional doctorate: the purpose, role and relevance of the professional doctorate of educational practice IN http://www.leeds.ac.uk/educol/BEID.html
- Ibbotson, J., Morgan, S., Davies, D. (2010) Exploring the international professional doctorate of educational practice: researching its impact on practitioner, profession, community and workplace in Holloway, W. & Maurer, J. (ed) International Research in Teacher Education: current perspectives (University of New England, Australia: Kardooair Press)
- Ibbotson, J., Morgan, S., Davies, D. (2010) Travelling Together: narrative biographies from Israeli doctoral students: how can these inform our teaching? IN Journal of International Teacher Education vol 14 (1) 56-65
- Ibbotson, J. (2012) Talking the Walk: should CEOs think more about sex? How gender impacts management and leadership communication (Bloomington, USA: iUniverse)
- ISfTE conference, New South Wales, Australia 2010
- ISfTE conference, Utah, USA 2011
- International doctoral students: eg. Canada, Libya, Israel, Middle East.
- Teaching in Israel, Cyprus, West Africa, up to and including doctoral level.
- Presenting academic papers at international conferences in USA, Australia, Europe.