Dr Helen Stoneley
Position: Senior Lecturer
College: College of Health and Social Care
Department: Health Care Practice
Subject area: Occupational Therapy
I am a part time Senior Lecturer.
I teach on the programmes in the subject area of Occupational Therapy.
I also have supervised a PhD student and currently supervise EdD and Professional Doctorate students.
I lead the following modules on the MSc Occupational Therapy
Professional and Informed Reasoning
Meeting the Needs of Learners in the Workplace
But I am also involved in other modules within the Occupational Therapy subject area and on the Doctor of Practice in Health and Social Care
I am interested in all aspects of Occupational Therapy education particularly postgraduate education.
I worked for 14 years in a Social Services setting and for a number years managed the staff team and budget.
My thesis was around recruitment and fitness for practice for Occupational Therapy students.
- Member of the College of Occupational Therapists
- Registered with the Health Professions Council
- Fellow of the of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA)
- Diploma of Occupational Therapy (Dip.COT), College of Occupational Therapist
- Master of Education (M.Ed), University of Sheffield
- PhD on recruitment and fitness for practice for Occupational Therapy students., University of Sheffield