Mrs Helen Simmons
Position: Programme Leader and Senior Lecturer BA (Hons) Early Childhood Studies
College: College of Arts, Humanities and Education
Department: Education and Childhood
Subject area: Early Years
Programme Leader, Senior Lecturer and Mediterranean College Link Tutor: BA (Hons) Early Childhood Studies.
Module Leader for: Study Skills (Stage 1), Wellbeing from Birth (Stage 2), The Developing Practitioner (Stage 2).
I also teach on The Critically Reflective Practitioner (Stage 3) and tutor for The Emerging Practitioner (Stage 1), The Developing Practitioner (Stage 2), The Critically Reflective Practitioner (Stage 3) and The Independent Study (Stage 3).
Development in 0-3 year olds, wellbeing from birth and leadership in the early years.
Modern Motherhood, Wellbeing from Birth and Leadership in the Early Years.
Early Childhood Studies Degrees Network (ECSDN)
- BA (Hons) Childhood Studies, Liverpool John Moores University
- PGCE: Post Complsory Education, Wolverhampton University
- MA: Education Studies, Warwick University
Simmons, H. and Yates, E. (2014) 'Leadership in Early Childhood: Leaders Views on Their Role' in Thomas, M (Ed) A Child's World: Contemporary Issues in Education. Aberyswyth CAA. Aberyswyth University.
Yates, E. and Simmons, H. (2014) 'The Student Practitioner as a Future Leader'. in Oates, R. and Hey, C (2014) The Student Practitioner in Early Childhood Studies. Routledge. London, UK.
- Leadership in Early Childhood: Leaders views on their roles. (Presentation at Child's world: Working together for a better future conference at Aberystwyth University) With colleague Ellen Yates.
- I am currently part way through my doctorate which explores social and cultural pressures within modern motherhood.
- Early Years Practitioner
- Lecturer in Early Years - Further Education
Radio interviews on Radio Derby on the subjects of: Online parenting, behaviour of 2 year olds, school starting age and television for very young children.