Dr Glynis van der Hoek
Position: Senior Lecturer in Psychology
College: College of Life & Natural Sciences
Subject area: Psychology
Senior Lecturer in Psychology
I am a senior Lecturer in Psychology and Programme Leader for BSc (Hons) Psychology and Counselling Studies.
My research interests are:
- Evaluating integrative counselling with respect to personality disorders
- Psychological correlates of complimentary therapies
- Companion animals and their influences on psychological health
- Body image in a normative population.
I am a member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists.
- BSc (Hons), Birmingham University
- PGCE (FAHE), University of Wolverhampton
- PhD - Ondansetron: Its modulatory effects on amphetamine, cocaine and morphine, Birmingham University