Mr Gavin Jinks
Position: Senior Lecturer
College: College of Health and Social Care
Department: Social and Community Studies
Subject area: Social and Community Studies
Senior Lecturer in Social Work.
I teach and tutor on the BA Social Work Programme and am a tutor on the BA Social Work Programme.
I am Year 1 Tutor for the BA Social Work.
Module Leader for
- Attitudes and Values
- Applied Sociology
- Communication Skills
- Human Growth and Development
Also teach on the Substance Use Module.
Personal tutor to groups on both the BA and MA Social Work.
- Therapeutic Social Work
- Teaching and Assessment methods.
Teaching and Assessment methods.
- Human Givens Institute.
- BA Hons Law St Catharine's College, Cambridge June 1982
- MA Social Work University of Nottingham 1990
- Human Givens Diploma 2001
- Postgraduate Certificate in Reflective Supervision University of Birmingham 2011.
- Presented on "Assessment by Discussion" at LTE Conference University of Derby 2016.
- Worked for Derby City Council as Residential Social Worker then Social Worker 1984-2004
- Worked for Derby City Council as Training and Education Officer 2004 -2012
- Worked as a Senior Lecturer at University of Derby 2012-Present
- Have carried a private counselling caseload since 2001.