Position: Senior Lecturer - Mineral Product Technologies (part time)
College: College of Business, Law and Social Sciences
Department: Derby Management School
Leading the product technology aspects of the mineral products programmes including aggregates; bituminous mixtures; concrete and cement; and clay products.
- Module leader for Second Year modules in Construction Products Technology and Asphalt Technology.
- Programme leader for single/three module Certificate courses in Construction Materials Technology and Concrete Technology.
Chartered Civil Engineer, actively working as a consultant and assessor for construction products.
- Institution of Civil Engineers - Member (Chartered)
- Institute of Quarrying - Fellow
- Institute of Asphalt Technology - Fellow
- Academy of Higher Education - Fellow
- BSc (Hons) Engineering Science, University of Durham
- Post Graduate Certificate in Education (post 18), University of Hull
- Visiting Research Fellow - Institute of Transport Studies, University of Leeds
- 12 years with Durham County Council.
- 12 years with Tilcon/Tarmac as Technical and Quality Manager.