Position: Senior Lecturer in Environmental Health
College: College of Life & Natural Sciences
Senior Lecturer delivering the food and housing components of the MSc Environmental Health programmes.
Food safety and housing standards.
Particular interest in the Housing Health and Safety Rating System, fuel poverty, Decent Homes Standard, and accommodation needs of the Gypsy and Traveller community.
- Chartered Environmental Health Practitioner
- Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
- HND Meat Technology, College for the Distributive Trades, London
- Diploma in Environmental Health, Trent Polytechnic
- MSc Food Safety and Control, Southbank University, London
- PG Certificate in Teaching and Learning in Higher Education, University of Derby.
I have over twenty years environmental health experience in both local government and the private sector both here and internationally, primarily in the fields on food safety and housing standard.
I also a consultant surveyor to the Office of National Statistics, and have carried out consultancy and training service for the Chartered Institute of Housing, residential social landlords and commercial surveying companies.
I spent two years working for the Saudi Arabian Oil Company based in Dhahran carrying out a wide range of environmental health duties.
Interview for BBC radio Derby relating to changes in planning law for student / muliple occupied housing.