BA (Hons) Sport and Education with Foundation Year
Why choose this course?
Interested in sport coaching as a form of education? Keen to study a sport degree that will put you on the pathway to a teaching career? Realise your ambitions on this challenging and vibrant new course.
- Choose a four-year course which includes a foundation year for an invaluable introduction to your studies
- Fulfil your potential: the foundation year route is for you if you are pursuing a change of career, exploring a new subject area or don’t quite meet the entry requirements for our honours degree
- Gain an impressive combination of skills relating to sport coaching, teaching and education
- Be inspired by our strong network of contacts including professional coaches, elite athletes and educational leaders
- Build the ideal platform to progress to teacher training opportunities such as a PGCE
- Deliver sports sessions to groups of different ages and abilities to develop your practical skills
- Work with sports clubs, schools and community organisations for vital experience in real-world settings
- Benefit from exceptional facilities including our new multi-purpose Sports Centre and state-of-the-art laboratories
- Learn from staff who are highly experienced in both the sport and educational arenas