Spa and Wellness Management Courses
Where better to learn about this exciting and growing industry than in our world-class day spa in the leading spa town of Buxton?
Our award-winning team at the University of Derby all have hands-on experience and are trail-blazers in spa and wellness course development. They are regularly consulted by many of the world’s leading employers.
Through our links with the industry you can gain work experience in some of the world’s most prestigious spas and hotels.
- Course search
- Visit us
- Order your prospectus
- What our students say
- Undergraduate study
- Postgraduate study
- Professional development and short courses
- Part-time study
- Online learning
- Study abroad
- Careers and employment
- Student fees and finance
- Student life and support
- Contact us
“Studying for my degree at the University of Derby has been the best three years of my life.”
“Studying for my degree at the University of Derby has been the best three years of my life. All of the lecturers know you by your first name, they know exactly how you work, how you like to learn and have so many connections. They have opened by eyes to the world of spa and its endless opportunities. The experienced tutors guided me to find my dream job as a therapies supervisor at The Scarlet Spa in Cornwall.”
This is Spa and Wellness Management
- Perfect your skills in our commercial spa which includes saunas, aroma steam rooms, hydrotherapy pools, ice fountains, dry flotation and hammam table
- You’ll study in our inspirational Grade II* listed Devonshire Dome in Buxton, one of the most popular tourist destinations in the Peak District
- Gain real world experience using industry-renowned brands Caudalie, Comfort Zone, Ishga and Mii Cosmetics in our Devonshire Spa, recently named 'Best Luxury Emerging Spa' in Northern Europe at the World Luxury Spa Awards 2017
- You’ll take part in fieldtrips in the UK, Europe and North Africa and have the opportunity to go on placements around the world
- Develop specialist skills and knowledge of anatomy and physiology, combined with nutrition lifestyle coaching, on our Wellness Management degree.
What our Spa and Wellness Management graduates do
Spa and wellness is an industry growing at a phenomenal rate. It needs graduates who are educated and trained not just in spa, but who have a holistic approach to wellness and who can lead the next stage of development of this industry.
Career opportunities open to graduates include:
- Spa management
- Spa therapy
- Wellness resort management
- Account management
- Spa education.
Find out if studying at Derby is right for you at one of our Open Days: