- Course search
- Visit us
- Order your prospectus
- What our students say
- Undergraduate study
- Postgraduate study
- Professional development and short courses
- Part-time study
- Online learning
- Study abroad
- Careers and employment
- Fees and finance
- Student life and support
- Contact us
Social Policy (Joint Honours)*
What is Joint Honours?
A Joint Honours degree gives you the opportunity to study two subjects as one degree. This type of degree will broaden your skill set and enhance your career prospects.
You can combine any two subjects as long as they’re in different zones, find out what you can combine this subject with.
Why choose this course?
If you are interested in the causes of social problems and how we can address issues of social welfare and social justice, this fascinating course is for you.
- Prepare for a rewarding career in research and policy-making with central government, local authorities, international bodies, think tanks, charities, NGOs and social enterprises
- Study an interdisciplinary and vocational subject covering current affairs, social and economic justice, environmental issues, cultural dialogues and political debates
- Gain practical experience through opportunities for internships, placements and action research
- Explore social policy debates from a global perspective, considering how state and non-state actions impact on individuals’ wellbeing as well as society in general
- Build rigorous skills in independent research, data analysis and critical thinking which are highly regarded by employers
- Develop a firm foundation for studying at masters level
- This is a new course starting in September 2017 (*subject to approval).