- Course search
- Visit us
- Order your prospectus
- What our students say
- Undergraduate study
- Postgraduate study
- Professional development and short courses
- Part-time study
- Online learning
- Study abroad
- Careers and employment
- Student fees and finance
- Student life and support
- Contact us
BA (Hons) Applied Social Work with Foundation Year* subject to approval
Why choose this course?
Please be aware that this course is no longer accepting applications for September 2018 entry.
This applied course paves the way for you to register and practise as a qualified social worker, reaching out to help people from many different backgrounds to assess and tackle their problems. Achieve your ambitions by studying on this four-year course which includes a foundation year.
- If you have the ability to study for a degree but don’t have the necessary formal qualifications to enter directly on to the Honours degree programme you can choose to start at Foundation Year stage
- Build a dynamic portfolio of skills and theories to work with your clients in a variety of settings
- Be inspired by our experienced, enthusiastic academic team who put teaching first and are dedicated to your success
- The Foundation Year course leads on to the full Applied Social Work degree that is accredited by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) allowing you to practise as a qualified social worker.