- This course has been developed in partnership with the National Outdoor Events Association (NOEA). It offers a comprehensive overview of events safety and helps you apply these skills to the workplace
- It's delivered by leading professionals from NOEA and the University of Derby. Course leader Eddy Grant has played a key role in the delivery of a safe and secure London Olympic Games
- You'll be up to date with existing legislation that affects you as an events organiser
- It demystifies the issue of risk assessment and you'll learn how to run events safely
- On successful completion you'll be awarded a University of Derby Diploma - a level 5 qualification - and you'll also meet the academic requirements for Tech IOSH.
Taking Creativity Seriously
"The responsibility of people's safety and lives cannot be underestimated and has to be taken seriously. The author of risk assessments takes responsibility for their content and a number have been challenged in court and a few have served a prison sentence. This Diploma aims to address the quality and skills needed. We take individuals experienced in events, provide them with the knowledge needed - inspire them, assess them, award them and have some fun." Richard Limb of NOEA
The Diploma in Events Safety Management is ideal for practising event professionals who are responsible for health and safety or customer protection at festivals, sporting events, public gatherings, commercial and not for profit events, as well as large-scale and international association meetings.
You'll begin the course with a three day workshop in Events Safety Management. You'll then attend a two day workshop in Events Legislation and a further two day workshop in Crisis Communication and Reputation Management.
On successful completion of the Events Legislation module you will meet the academic requirements for Tech IOSH.
All our online materials have been developed to be fully interactive and include video case studies from major events, talking heads from industry professionals and activities that encourage debate on our discussion board.
Study at a leading provider of events management courses
The University of Derby is a leading provider of events management courses that are specifically designed for people working within the industry and who want to achieve a professional qualification.
Our events management courses are supported through our links with the leading national and international employers in the events industry which ensures that they remain relevant and in line with industry developments - these connections also enable students to put their learning into practice through accredited work experience.
The course is delivered in a series of workshops supported by online materials.
- Events Safety Management - three day workshop delivered by Richard Limb of NOEA and Eddy Grant of University of Derby
- Crisis Management - two day workshop delivered by Eddy Grant of University of Derby
- Event Legislation - two day workshop
All tutorial sessions are delivered in and around the University of Derby Campus.
Our online materials have been developed to be fully interactive and include video case studies from major events, talking heads from industry professionals and activities that encourage debate on our discussion board.
How you will be assessed
You'll be assessed on each of the three modules. You will also be required to produce an events safety plan and a crisis plan, as well as undertake a time-constrained assignment on events legislation.
£2495 for UK/EU and International students
Please note fees are subject to change
Students should apply directly to the University
Apply directly to the University
On completion of the course you'll have a University Diploma in Events Safety Management - an industry endorsed qualification that will directly improve your ability to do your job. You will also have met the academic requirements for Tech IOSH.
If you need any more information from us, eg on courses, accommodation, applying, car parking, fees or funding, please contact us and we will do everything we can to help you.Contact us
† Additional information about your studies
Like most universities, we operate extended teaching hours at the University of Derby, so contact time with your lecturers and tutors could be anytime between 9am and 9pm. Your timetable will usually be available on the website 24 hours after enrolment on to your course.
Please note: Our courses are refreshed and updated on a regular basis. If you are thinking about transferring onto this course (into the second year for example), you should contact the programme leader for the relevant course information as modules may vary from those shown on this page.