Seminar Day 1 - Introduction to Systems Thinking
- Distinctions between conventional and 'Systems Thinking'
- Why 'lean tools' fail to deliver sustainable change
- The Toyota Production System and 'Systems Thinking'
- Introduction of the Vanguard Method
- System conditions as causes of inefficiency
Seminar Day 2 - Measurement
- Understanding variation in demand
- Measuring variation - how you do it
- Turning data into information
- Deciding what to measure
Seminar Day 3 - Intervention
- Influencing others to challenge their thinking
- How organisations learn
- Intervening to solve problems
How you will be assessed
You'll be guided and supported so you're able to put together a portfolio and business case project. This forms the assessed work of the masters level award.